Know fast, cure fast, “acid reflux” how to cure it?
No matter who they are, they don’t want to get sick. Especially being sick with GERD, a disease that no one wants to be. Because it creates a lot of suffering for the patients And also found in adolescents Working age as well
GERD Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a reflux disease of gastric secretions, either acidic or gas, returning to the esophagus. Usually, the body will have some reflux of stomach acid into the esophagus, especially after eating. But people with this disease have more or more acid reflux than those without the disease. Or the esophagus is more sensitive to acids, although there is an increased amount of acid reflecting the normal
Causes and triggers of GERD
Dr. Nawarat Apirakkittikul, Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital Mahidol University The causes and triggers of GERD are identified as follows:
Esophageal sphincter disorders
- alcohol, cigarettes
- Eat and sleep within 3 hours.
- Food such as tea, coffee, soft drinks, spicy food
- Danger of GERD
Dr. Nantaphon Pongrattanaman, M.D. Advisor Vascular Surgery Department Phramongkutklao Hospital or Doctor Top indicated that the symptoms of acid reflux disease. May affect the condition and function of other organs in the body, such as ulcerative esophagitis, may cause the voice to change. Causes breathing difficulties, tooth decay, or may increase the risk of esophageal cancer.
GERD can affect everyday life. Since the action of the acid irritates the esophagus, inflammation can occur Is a severe wound that is narrowed This makes swallowing difficult and painful and may also increase the risk of developing esophageal cancer. But nowadays, it is still very rare.
The most common symptoms of GERD are:
- A burning sensation in the epigastric region, which often occurs after eating a new meal
- Sour or bitter sensation in the mouth and throat
- There is food going back up in the mouth and throat.
- Congestive colic in the epigastric area
In addition to these symptoms GERD can also cause other symptoms, such as:
- Chest pain that is not caused by heart disease
- Chronic hoarseness, voice change
- A chronic cough with no obvious cause
- Difficulty swallowing like a lump in the throat
- Oral symptoms such as tooth decay, bad breath
- asthma that does not respond to normal drug therapy
How to cure acid reflux completely?
Dr. Akarawit Poonsombat, Gastroenterology and Liver Disease Branch Department of Internal Medicine Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital Mahidol University Suggest how to do it If you want to recover from GERD as follows
- Eat food on time
- Reduce eating late-night meals And avoid eating and sleeping immediately
- Avoid foods that cause exacerbation such as tea, coffee, soft drinks, spicy food, high fat foods.
- Eat food more slowly Chew food thoroughly before swallowing.
- Do activities to reduce stress, such as exercise, reading, listening to music, watching movies, meditating,
- and resting enough, etc.
- treatment with antacids
- Surgery to strengthen the esophagus In the event that the doctor considers it appropriate
However, for this acid reflux disease. Can be and then be cured But can come back to be repeated Depending on behavior adjustment Therefore, we should focus on behavior adjustment. Followed by treatment from a doctor And strictly follow the doctor’s advice That’s all, acid reflux is no longer scary.