Tod Mun Goong (Deep fried shrimp cakes)
Thai food, delicious fried dishes made from shrimp For people who don’t eat spicy Easy way to make fried shrimp cakes, you can make your own. Seasoned minced shrimp meat and fried to crispy delicious. Shrimp Cake The ingredients and cooking process are easy to understand. Suitable for lovers of shrimp dishes.
Ingredients for making shrimp cakes
- 15-20 white shrimp
- 3 tablespoons minced pork fat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons seasoning sauce
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 egg
- All purpose flour for frying
- Bread bits for frying
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
How to cook Thad Mun Kung
- Start by preparing the prawn meat first by peeling it out, removing the head and the latter and washing it thoroughly.
- Then pound the shrimp meat thoroughly Bring shrimp meat mixed with ground pork fat. Knead the ingredients together. Set aside
- Mix tapioca starch, seasoning sauce and sugar to dissolve the ingredients together.
- Bring the garnish Mixed with shrimp meat and mashed pork fat By allowing the seasoning to go into the meat and refrigerate it so that the shrimp and pork are not messed up.
- Marinate shrimps and seasoned minced pork in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Put the shrimp meat into flat circles and mix with all purpose flour.
- Then dip it with egg and mix with bread crumbs again. When the shrimp cakes are ready, fry them in oil.
- Heat the oil pan to medium heat. Then fry the shrimp cakes to fry until golden brown, then bring to rest to drain the oil.
- Serve on a plate and eat with boiled sauce or chili sauce.
Tips for making shrimp cakes
- Buying shrimp Choose fresh shrimp. Techniques for choosing shrimp. Look at the integrity of the shrimp. Good texture. Shrimp meat is firm and tight. No rotten smell
- To prepare the prawn meat, peel, head, and tail, remove only the meat, then mash it to a fine texture.
- Suggested that using the mud is better than blending because the shrimp is fine. As for the spinning of shrimp meat is granular.
- Shrimp Marinade Lard must be added as well as lard will add softness and greasiness to the shrimp Shrimp meat is hard. If you mix it down Will soften the fried beef with shrimp cakes
- Frying techniques, use new oil. Amount to flood the fried potato. Using medium power But need to heat the oil
- Because if the oil is not hot, the fried shrimp cakes will not taste good.
- Potato molding Do not spin very thick, because when frying it is very thick, the fried potatoes will not cook to the inside.
- The seasoning for this dish is not fish sauce, it is the salinity of this menu. Choose to use salt instead. Since the fish sauce has a lot of water, it will not clump