Green tea has many properties and benefits. That must have at home
Tea ”is a drink that is gaining in popularity and has a growing trend of consumption today. The production of“ green tea ”in the form of an instant beverage is widely sold. Making it convenient to consume And with delicious taste Refreshing Including advertising of green tea products Or there is a lot of information about the properties of drinking green tea on the body. These are the incentives to increase the consumption of green tea. Until it may cause improper consumption behavior Or consuming too high amounts without knowing the effects on the body Therefore, consumers should know the basics of green tea. How to choose how to eat to get the most And does not have a negative effect on the body
Green tea is tea that is obtained from tea trees. The scientific name Camellia sinensis, which this type of tea will not go through the process of fermentation. It can be prepared by heating fresh tea leaves to dry them quickly. The method is that when the tea leaves have been collected, they are dried quickly in a copper pot with not too high heat and lightly spread by hand before drying or steam for a short time and then dried. To inhibit the enzyme activity (The heat will help inhibit the enzyme activity, thus not decomposition), so the tea leaves are dry but still fresh. And has a relatively green color So called “green tea” and the tea leaves that have not been fermented. Therefore, tea leaves contain more phenolic compound (Phenolic compound) than in oolong and black tea. (These two types are fermented tea), thus making green tea has more antioxidant activity than both. Green tea contains 35-50% EGCG, oolong tea 8-20% and black tea only 10% EGCG.
Quality green tea is obtained from the first pair of tea and the second pair of tea leaves picked from the top. (Chinese called “Bu Yi”), the third and fourth pair of tea leaves from the top will give the second level tea. (The Chinese call it “An Ever”), the fifth and sixth pair of tea leaves from the tip are bad tea. (The Chinese called “Lam Kong”). The color, aroma and flavor of the tea depends on the amount of catechins contained in the tea. By the growing season Harvest Will affect the level of catechins In spring tea leaves contain about 12-13% catechins, while summer tea contains 13-14% catechins (young tea leaves contain more catechins than older tea leaves. )
Important substances found in green tea. It contains amino acids, B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, substances in the xanthine alkaloids group is caffeine (caffeine) and thiophylline. (theophylline), a substance that has an effect on the activation of the central nervous system And flavonoids called catechins, we can separate catechins into five types: gallocatechin (GC), epicatechin (EC), epigallocatechin (EGC), epicatechin gallate. (ECG), and epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). The most common and most potent catechins in green tea are epigallocatechin gallate. (epigallocatechin gallate – EGCG), which is important for antioxidant activity.
Characteristics of the tea color If brewing tea from tea leaves, the tea will turn from pale yellow to light green. (If it is powdered green tea or matcha tea, it will give fresh green tea) as for the scent of the tea. If it is Chinese green tea, it will smell fresh green. With a peanut-like smell But if it is Japanese green tea, it gives a very fresh green scent. Smells of algae And may have a scent similar to soy sauce
Properties of green tea
1. Green tea has been used in the treatment of pain relief from headaches to depression. In China, green tea has been used as a medicine for more than 4,000 years.
2. Helps to increase appetite
3. Solve drunkenness Sober
4. Helps to cure colds, heat in, help sweating. Detoxification residue
5. Helps to relax the mood, calm the nerves, cool the head and eye sockets, refresh the eyes, not sleepy, and help refresh breathing
6. Helps to cure thirst Cooling from the lungs And help expectorate
7. Helps relieve diarrhea, diarrhea.
8.It helps increase the good bacteria in the intestines. Thus can help detoxify and eliminate toxins in the intestines.
9. It helps protect the liver from poisoning and other diseases.
10. Help prevent the formation of blood clots.
11. Green tea has anti-inflammatory effects. Against microbes in the gut Antibacterial and antiviral, against Botulinus and Staphylococcus.
12. Help diuretic Prevent gallbladder and kidney stones.
13. Helps to stop the bleeding or slow the blood flow.
14. Used as a poultice to treat inflammation, ulcers, burns, pus, help relieve rashes, itchy skin, hot dry skin, insect bites. And can also be used as a mosquito repellent
15. Green tea can help prevent rheumatic arthritis, which is inflammation and redness. Aches in muscles and joints That often occurs with middle-aged women